Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday (11) A Gathering of Shadows

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly feature hosted at Breaking The Spine that spotlights those can't-wait-to-get-my-hands-on-them books that we are eagerly awaiting!

Title: A Gathering of Shadows
Author: V.E. Schwab
Age Group:  Young Adult
Genre Type: Fantasy
Release Date: February 23rd, 2016
Publisher: Tor
Four months have passed since the shadow stone fell into Kell’s possession. Four months since his path crossed with Delilah Bard. Four months since Rhy was wounded and the Dane twins fell, and the stone was cast with Holland’s dying body through the rift, and into Black London.

In many ways, things have almost returned to normal, though Rhy is more sober, and Kell is now plagued by his guilt. Restless, and having given up smuggling, Kell is visited by dreams of ominous magical events, waking only to think of Lila, who disappeared from the docks like she always meant to do. As Red London finalizes preparations for the Element Games—an extravagant international competition of magic, meant to entertain and keep healthy the ties between neighboring countries—a certain pirate ship draws closer, carrying old friends back into port.

But while Red London is caught up in the pageantry and thrills of the Games, another London is coming back to life, and those who were thought to be forever gone have returned. After all, a shadow that was gone in the night reappears in the morning, and so it seems Black London has risen again—meaning that another London must fall.

Get This Read Here:
http://www.amazon.com/Frozen-Tides-Falling-Kingdoms-Novel/dp/1595147071/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1436323983&sr=8-1&keywords=Frozen+Tides http://www.booksamillion.com/p/Frozen-Tides/Morgan-Rhodes/9781595147073?id=6256131671386 http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/frozen-tides-morgan-rhodes/1121502317?ean=9781595147073

Why I Can't Wait
As many of you already know book that include Magic in them is just something that appeals to my reading style. The first book A Darker Shade of Magic was excellent and I can't wait to see how Kell and Delilah destroy this magical item that is cause so much trouble. This should turn out to be a fun adventure and a great read.

7 comments:

  1. I haven't read the first book yet but I'm also excited for the release of this book. It received a lot of rave reviews so I'm going to check this out soon.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read the first book yet. But I want to! Should probably put it higher on my list! :) Great pick this week!

    Here's my WoW
    xo Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have yet to read this author, but feel like I must give these books a try.
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Although we've already seen the whole games plot line played out in a ton of YA novels, this one still sounds really promising. Great pick!

    P.S. New follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel so bad that I haven't read anything by Victoria. I hear she's a wonderful writer and her stories are great. This one seems just as interesting. Thanks for sharing. Hope you read it soon :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG I totally need to read A Darker Shade of Magic! I really love her adult books better than her YA. Great pick this week :) My WoW:

    Crystal @ Books Unbound

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved A Darker Shade of Magic too! I can't wait to get more of the amazing world and characters!

    ReplyDelete